A passion to reduce the unnecessary & maximise the benefits
Living Green Designer Homes was established in 2007 by accredited HIA Greensmart Professional Craig Riddle. A qualified builder since 1984, Craig's passion to simplify and reduce the unnecessary while maximising design principles, materials and a homeowner's knowledge to create long-term, sustainable benefits were his inspiration to refocus his existing construction business.
Knowledge is power
Throughout the construction process, we strive to educate and inform to ensure you have the knowledge to achieve the maximum long-term benefits from your new home.Living Green Designer Homes is committed to ongoing product and design principle research and development. This enables us to stay at the forefront of green technology and construction, allowing you to reap the many benefits this delivers.
More than just solar panels & water tanks
Many people confuse sustainable building with a home that just offers all of the latest gadgets. To us, true 'green' design combines form, function and practicality to deliver ongoing sustainability.
A thermal assessment is carried out on every home that we design. This allows us to accurately determine how the home will perform once constructed giving us the opportunity to make improvements to the layout itself or the materials utilised in the build. What does this mean for you? A more comfortable home all year round and lower electricity bills!
It is extremely important to us to be mindful of the materials we utilise in your home. We want to ensure that these materials are sustainably sourced, are of excellent quality so that they stand the test of time and provide you with a healthy environment.
While each of the finishes materials, fixtures and fittings are customised to suit each individual client, the following preferred products allow us to stay true to our name:
- James Hardie® Scyon™ range of cladding – The Scyon range is durable, long lasting and low in embodied energy
- All external decks construction from sustainably sourced Australian Hardwood certified by the Australian Forestry Standard
- Autex Greenstuf® Polyester insulation batts to all ceilings, external walls & timber floors
- Viridian® performance glass throughout
- Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System
- Low VOC painting system to all internal walls, ceiling & trims
- Use of waste management service fully licensed by the EPA to maximise recycling and minimise waste